Interior Health has listed several care homes that are experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks.
Five of the outbreaks are in either Kelowna or West Kelowna, while the remaining four are respectively in Cranbrook, Grand Forks, Merritt and Nelson.
On Friday, the province announced 663 new cases of COVID-19 across B.C., including 274 new cases within Interior Health.
COVID-19: B.C. reports 663 new cases, could delay Step 4 reopening
The Interior cases amounted to 41 per cent of B.C.’s daily cases on Friday, though the health region accounts for approximately 16 per cent of the province’s overall population.
The province says Fraser Health had 162 new cases; Vancouver Coastal had 135 new cases; Northern Health had 38 new cases, and Island Health had 54 new cases.
Pandemic measures expand across Interior Health region
Below are the listed care homes:
Family of hikers mysteriously found dead on California forest trail
Ontario reports largest increase in COVID-19 cases since early June, 1 additional death
- Kootenay Street Village: 3 cases (1 resident, 2 staff).
- Hardy View Lodge: 2 cases (1 resident, 1 staff).
- Cottonwoods Care Centre: 26 cases (16 residents, 10 staff) with one death connected to the outbreak.
- Hawthorn Park: 5 cases (1 resident, 4 staff).
- David Lloyd Jones care home: 33 cases (25 residents, 8 staff).
- Village at Mill Creek: 2 cases (1 resident, 1 staff).
- Nicola Meadows: 6 cases (3 residents, 3 staff).
- Jubilee Manor: 5 cases (2 residents, 3 staff) with one death connected to the outbreak.
- Brookhaven Care Centre: 30 cases (10 residents, 20 staff) with two deaths connected to the outbreak.
Interior Health has a list of active facility outbreaks on its website.
View link »
© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.